Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Inspirational and Rejuvenating Camping/Hiking Weekend



Solomon (he's my main man for those of you that don't know me yet!) and I took a super cool nature hike this past Sunday while we were camping at Yankee Springs Deep Lake Campground. I brought the camera. Our pace was drastically slowed because of my picture taking craze. I seemed to be called by all the plants and animals and couldn’t stop shooting pics.  Good thing we weren’t in a hurry.  

Before we went camping I had been inspired to start painting again.  I had put the brushes down and the paints on vacation while I have been working with some paper crafts for the last few months.  It seems like the painting bug has bitten again. It is never gone for long!  I am hoping that some of these new images will be a strong inspirational base for a new series of nature inspired abstract paintings I am planning to start soon.  

I will share more of my hike pictures and some new sketches for the paintings as am I able! 

Peace Friends!

- Rachel

No comments: