Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FERNS ARE MAJESTIC PLANTS







…continuation from my Deep Lake Trail hiking adventure.  

On my hike I took pictures. I took lots and lots of pictures. I think I now have a few hundred images of ferns stashed on my computer for future inspiration.

I have this great fascination with ferns. I like them. I like all types of them. I like to touch them and look at them and admire all the details. I think they have a beautiful balance of visual qualities.  I feel a new painting in the works!

The ones in these pictures have a brown color stem in the center. It almost looks like they are flowering. Is there anyone reading who is an expert on plants/ferns?  Maybe this will require some research. I am intrigued!

 Here is a link to the American Fern Society. Honestly there is something for everyone in this world!  :)


No comments: